Acupuncture is an ancient system of healing, with a history of continuous use stretching back over 3000 years. Many people seek acupuncture with a wide variety of specific problems as well as to improve their overall well-being. Treatment over a short and long term period brings initial relief and also helps to prevent the problem occurring again. Here´s just a few problems that can be treated effectively with Acupuncture:
Lower back pain conservatively affects around 70% of the adult population in Australia. It is one of the major causes of human suffering and pain, and each year valuable working hours are lost because of it.
If you’re suffering any kind of backache, it could be the result of any one, or a combination of some of the following problems:
- Physical Trauma: Damage to ligaments, tendons and muscle sprain (caused by accidents, lifting, incorrect bending and overwork). Also Vertebral joint problems, usually due to heavy work, lifting and injury. Lower back pain can also be caused by disc compression through lifting, twisting, bending and so on, usually affecting the nerve pathways down the legs.
- Emotions: Muscle spasm from anxiety, stress and simply being up-tight, a product of modern society.
- Structural Changes: Usually a process of ageing where discs degenerate and arthritic conditions prevail.
- Female Disorders: Pelvic inflammatory disease causing referred pain from the pelvic area to the lower back.
I realize that each time you visit my clinic for a health consultation, you entrust your health into my care and I really appreciate it.
During an acupuncture session I will make an on-the-spot assessment and diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan which will treat the cause of the problem and relieve the pain you´re experiencing.
The disappointment and frustration of being sidelined through injury, the agony of hurting your back, twisting your knee or elbow or tearing a ligament.
If you happen to be sidelined by a sports injury, a fall, or injury to joints or muscles you´re likely to be suffering either one of a combination of the following sign and symptoms – Bruising; Inflammation; Swelling or Oedema; Restriction of Movement.
Acupuncture treatment ´fast tracks´ your recovery time, and gets to the point of the problem, quicker.
For sports related and muscle and joint injuries, Acupuncture works locally right at the site of the problem. Your body basically has the capacity to manufacture its own natural pain killers, natural anti-inflammatory and anti-stress hormones. Acupuncture stimulates your body to produce these hormones, promoting a reduction of pain sensation and the ability to get back into the game faster.
Headaches particularly the recurring kind, shouldn´t be taken lightly. It might well be the symptom of some underlying imbalance or deeper problem.
It´s little wonder that the consumption of analgesics in Australia is so widespread. It´s a symptom of our modern lifestyle to ´pop a pill´ for convenience and temporary relief without ever treating the problem.
If you´re suffering from headaches it could be the result of any one or a combination of some of the following problems:
- Emotional: Created by emotional stress, anxiety and worry leading to an increase in tension in the neck and shoulder muscles.
- Occupational: From sitting in one position with your head bent over; also from poor posture and working conditions common with office workers and students; bad lighting; also physical overwork and tightening of neck and shoulder muscles.
- Poor eating habits: Caused by eating food you may have an intolerance or allergy to; irregular eating habits; constipation.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Such as in Pre-Menstrual Syndrome.
- Physical Trauma: Causing damage to the structural or connective tissues of the neck; and/ or arthritis; disc degeneration leading to pinching of the spinal nerves.
- Liver Malfunction: Where the liver is not able to purify or circulate blood effectively.
- Genetic: Problems such as spinal weakness or inherited tendency towards migraine.
- Weather conditions: High humidity; cold, windy days,or sudden changes of weather.
- Over-acidity of the stomach.
- High blood pressure.
- Sinus complaints.
Acupuncture treatment is effective for most common headaches including Migraine, Cluster, Period-related, stress/tensions and Muscle/tension headaches. What´s more, Acupuncture works in a preventative capacity as well as just a headache remover.
The best part about Acupuncture is that it offers a drug-free alternative for treating the pain you´re experiencing. It works because it puts your whole system back on track by correcting all of your body´s energy imbalances.
I will be happy to explain to you how I can treat your problem, and I welcome further enquiries.